Friday, December 24, 2010

Top Ten Emasculating Pop Songs That I'm Not Afraid to Admit I Like

Yeah...here we go with the randomness.  This is somewhat related to Christmas, I promise.

#10 Die Another Day-Madonna
Who doesn't love a good Bond Film?  Die Another Day unfortunately does not fit that category.  Other bond films have had silly bad guys with absurd strategies for world domination, but Die Another Day took the cake.  A giant flower looking satellite that can harness the sun's light into a mega flamethrower?  What???  The one highlight from this ridiculous film was the opening credits with Madonna's take on a 007 soundtrack.

#9 JeVeux Te Voir-Yelle
Now the video is a bit of an acid trip but it does enforce my point....this isn't exactly the manliest song on the planet.  It is however pretty catchy.  As I learned absolutely nothing from Middle School French, other than how to say "bonjour mademoiselle, ce va?" I have no idea what she's saying.  Whatever it is, I'm sure it sounds much better in French anyway.

#Umbrella-Rihanna
Yup.  I went there.  I like this song.

#7 Firework-Katy Perry
Now this is kind of a no-brainer.  Is the music girly?...a little bit.  But Katy Perry is hot.  So they even out.

#6 Disturbia-Rihanna
 Was Disturbia an awesome movie?  Yes.  Is this an awesome song?  Yes.

#5 Tik Tok-Ke$ha
Alright so we can all agree that Ke$ha isn't your standard role model.  If it wasn't for the digital age it's almost certain she would not have a career in the music industry.  Regardless of how many times her voice was screened through a computer Tik Tok is still my #5 guilty pleasure.

#4 She Wolf-Shakira
Alright now even as a guy I look at this music video and think it's weird.  That strange black...thing..she's got on in the beginning? The horrendous dancing?  Thankfully the music video does not dampen the awesomeness of the song.

#3 Ce Jeu-Yelle
Yup.  Another French Pop song by Yelle.  I just recently noticed this song a couple of weeks ago on iTunes and loved it (yeah I said it...I LOVED IT).  Damn this lady is catchy.

#2 California Gurls-Katy Perry
Regardless of whether you like Katy Perry's music or not, every single guy on the planet loves this song, and even if they say they don't.....they secretly do.  It has Snoop Dogg in it for pete's sake.

#1  All I Want For Christmas Is You-Mariah Carey
This is it.  Numero Uno.  The best song ever made.  I told you this post would have something to do with Christmas.  BEST. SONG. EVER.