Thursday, December 1, 2011

THANK YOU!!!

Well, well, well.  It has been quite a while ladies and gentleman.


I've been pretty busy with school work lately, along with a real mental wall of blog-writing block.  

So where do I start? I suppose we'll begin with Thanksgiving, and then we can go from there.

I was initially thinking I could just wrap up all of my current ideas into one big mega-package of blog, but I decided for my first post, it would be better if it was a stand alone.

The majority of The Grog's audience is obviously made up out of our Facebook friends/acquaintances, so I don't think I need to explain anything here.

26 NOV 11 marked the 1st Annual Flag Football Tournament in memory of Sean Ryan.

I want to extend, once again and hopefully on a much more reachable level, my gratitude to those of you who participated.  I’m stunned by the amount of money that was raised through team registration and concessions alone, and I think it's safe to say that everyone was floored by how many people showed up to the event.

So for those of you who played or helped out, or simply donated money, I sincerely thank you.

The games could get a little heated with some of the referee calls, but ultimately it was a TTFTKBTMISG situation that raised money for a good cause. 

Anyway I wanted to give tribute to those of you who drove for hours just to come play some good ‘ol American flag football for a kid you may have never known.  Below are all the teams that participated.  Thank you.

P.S. I don't know some of the people on the teams....so I don't know where to assign team names..thus I will assign you one unless someone messages me with corrections.

Team Unapologetically American

Team Baxter

Team No-Name

Team Old Folks

Team Leather Bound Books

Team Stache-Wilters

Team Schlumps

Team Sex Panthers

Team Off Constantly

Team No-Name

Team "Bought 50/50 Raffle Tickets after I verbally harassed them to"


Team No-Name

Team "I'm sure they had a name but I have no idea who they are"


Team "Won the Tournament"


Team Mathletes



Team...who knows.


--Fin--