Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Top 5 Underrated Every Day Things (That Only Become Relevant During Finals Week)

Bare with me on this one.  I'm taking a break from writing some of the most ridiculous requirements for essays I've ever had to put up with.  Also, because I strongly dislike people who complain with 24/7 pessimism over trivial life problems I'm going to say: Yes finals week sucks, but there are plenty of other people out there worse off then me, so life is good.  


For added emphasis (Taken from the Veterans Against Occupy Wall Street Facebook Page)

Ain't nothing to it but to do it, so here we go (also, I'm going to have to keep this one short---I have a 15 page take home due tomorrow at 5)  ((P.S.  I would like to extend my deepest gratitude to those of you in my European History class who decided this paper would be easier than a normal hour long test--xoxoxoxo Smooty):

#5 Techno

Yes, I shit you not--Techno.  To the folks who say "Say Heck No To Techno", try writing an essay to John Mayer.

As for me, I don't like listening to music made by narcissistic toolbags. (Source)

I have no idea what it is about Techno, or why it works, but electronic music has been my absolute go-to during finals week.  I literally listened to "Best Techno 2011 (Hands Up Mix 20)"--seen below--on a loop for 12 hours while finishing two papers this past week.

[Uploaded by SweetHandsUp]

12 hours.

Which brings me to my next point....


#4 Not Sleeping

Sleep is really over rated.  I'm not weird bragging here either....seriously, 2 hours of sleep per day during finals week is all you really need.

#3 Brisk Air

aka What you immedietly feel once you enter Sweden's Ice Hotel (Source)

Are you starting to become brain dead because you've been listening to loops of techno and having only 2 hours of sleep per day?

Solution!

Walk outside.

If you're not in "we like to be warm 24/7-land", the brisk air (with only a t-shirt/shorts for the maximum effect) will be like getting an adrenaline needle to the face.

Which is really what one needs during Finals Week.


#2 There is no #2 because I have to write this final and I'm wasting my time.

You're Welcome.


#1 Dimes

Not to be confused with DimePiece Magazine, which subsequently popped up into my Google Images search for spare change.  It is not a magazine about currency.

Yes Numero Uno.  Dimes.  Why?

Because once you've run out of money on your meal plan for overpriced food that destines you fail....for the fourth time...You can only get food from the vending machines.

Which subsequently, won't handle quarters for some reason.  If you manage to scrounge up a dollar bill and put in two (to get the strangely priced $1.10 candy bar), it'll refund you....in quarters...and ask that you put in "exact change".

Yeah.

Seriously.

Thus=Dimes are #1.


--Fin--