Monday, January 24, 2011

Crazy Idea #1-Le Club Christ

So I was in church the other day, and unfortunately mass seemed to take forever.  It also didn't help that I had the mortal kombat theme song (see below) stuck in my head.

Anyway...through some bizarre twist of fate I had what I believed at the time to be the best idea ever.  I think we can all agree that there are certain masses we wish could be spruced up a bit, with a little wrench thrown in to add some spice to an otherwise mind-numbing exercise of constantly sitting up and down.

In other words, as the Mortal Kombat bass pulsed through my veins, I conceived the idea of a "Club Christ"...aka a dance party mass with the priest acting as DJ.  Wouldn't it be a lot more fun to listen to a remix of "Our Father" with smoke-machines and laser-shows going off in the background???? 

Immediately after church I half-heartedly typed in "Christian techno" into YouTube to see what would pop up if anything, and I got a surprising amount of hilarious music videos.....with Christian Techno.  Looks like I wasn't the only one with this idea.

Anyway...below are a couple of these humorous videos which I found online-NOTE: I did not make any of these!






This last one weirded me out a bit...note: Club Christ would not have Renaissance Dress Code Requirements