Wednesday, April 27, 2011

You Could Not Get Away with this In Any Other Time Period: A Sampling of the Music I Grew Up With

Obviously these are not all the songs I listened to in the 90s. I can't remember half of the names/these are more the types that you could not reproduce in this era and expect to be on the billboards.

Also--Pretty self explanatory, but I hate lawyers-->No, I did not make these songs, or do I own their copyrights..hell I didnt even upload this shizz to Youtube.

Anyway.

Pump Up the Jam--Technotronic (1989..basically counts)
I can distinctly remember them still playing this song and the one below on the radio as a kid.  So yeah...they count.

Bust a Move--Young MC (1989)



Everybody Dance Now--C+C Music Factory (1990)

I remember they use to play this in P.E.  Good stuff.

Ice Ice Baby--Vanilla Ice (1990)

No explanation needed.

Humpty Dance--Digital Underground (1990)





Get Ready For This--2 Unlimited (1991)
They also played this one in P.E. as well I believe...


Magic Friend--2 Unlimited (1992)
I'm telling ya...you could not get away with this shit now.

Rhythm is a Dancer--Snap (1992)

Baby Got Back--Sir Mix A Lot (1992)



I'm Too Sexy--Right Said Fred (1992)

You could never get away with this in the...ots? Is that what we're calling them? Whats the 2000s?

The Hitman--AB Logic (1993)

What is Love--Haddaway (1993)

Such a classic song.




Let Me Clear My Throat--DJ Kool (1996)


Da Dip--Freak Nasty (1996)

Blue--Eiffel 65 (1999)
This is a classic.  Period. End of Story.

The Bad Touch--Bloodhound Gang (1999)

Not the kind of thing you listened to around the house..that's for sure.

Zombie Nation--Kernkraft 400 (1999)


Great Song.  First time I've seen the Music video however.  It is bizarre.


Sandstorm--Darude (1999)

If you don't like this song.

You basically don't have a soul.

--FIN--