Thursday, June 9, 2011

12 Songs I've Recently Bought

I should probably rate these, so as to add some kind of a point to this post.

Also, all the copyrights/producing rights/yadda yadda go to the artists and their record companies...this isn't meant to be "stealing" or what not.

12) Fur Lined by How to Destroy Angels
I decided to give Trent Reznor's (of NIN) new band "How to Destroy Angels" a fair chance.

All things considered this song isn't that bad compared to NIN, but I'm going to miss Nine Inch Nails.  I didn't really like any of the other "How to Destroy Angels" songs, so hopefully this will be a short-lived endeavor.

11) A Little Less Conversation (JXL Remix) by Elvis Presley
A classic song with an interesting beat mixed into it.

10) My Girl by The Temptations
Now this is a classic song...and it would be placed a lot higher on the list, but it's far removed from the other genres of music below, thus making it somewhat un-comparable.

9) Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites by Skrillex
This one's alright...but there are definitely better songs out there by Skrillex.

8) Bounce (feat. N.O.R.E.) by MSTRKRFT
Not really sure they had to kill the hot lady at the end of the music video...also, what are they doing at this club? Money laundering?  Confusing video.  But good beat.

7) Barbra Streisand by Duck Sauce
I've never heard of Duck Sauce.  But this is pretty catchy.  The sound is a little bit weird here..but the official music video isnt like the actual song...so...Google/iTunes it up if you want a more exact representation of it.

6) Hold On (Sub Focus Remix) by Rusko
Another musician I've never heard of, but bumped into on iTunes at some point.  Love it or Hate it.

5) Give Me Everything (feat Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer) by Pitbull
Pitbull isn't my favorite artist out there, but he usually does produce good summer hits.

4) Reptile's Theme by Skrillex
I'm a pretty new listener to Skrillex, but this song has a pretty sick beat.  While the original Mortal Kombat theme will always be my go-to for helping me zone out and get through essays, Skrillex's "Reptile's Theme" is pretty boss for the workouts.  "F-F-F-FIGHT"

Perfect Workout Music.

3) Firestarter by The Prodigy

Firestarter is a 1996 international hit by the British band "The Prodigy".  It is a British Punk-Electronic band people...so if you thought the music video was scary/unorthodox, you're more than entitled to go back to listening to Jason Mraz or Dave Matthews. You may have noticed the beginning of the song being played during game 2 or 3 (I forget which) of the Stanley cup (if you watch hockey at all, and you're rooting for the right team-the Bruins).

P.S.  F*ck you Burrows.


2) Scheme by STS9
I've never heard of STS9 until today, when I bought this song.  Apparently STS9 stands for "Sound Tribe Sector 9", and they describe themselves as "post-rock dance music" (this is according to Wikipedia).  Hm.  But yeah-this song really draws you in straight from the beginning (if you into this type of music).  It's almost a little foreboding/dark, but definitely interesting.  I'll have to look into STS9 more in the future.

1) Easy Love by MSTRKRFT
I couldn't show the original music video as it is EXTREMELY INAPPROPRIATE (/slightly weird and gross towards the end...I'll never look at pepto-bismol again the same way).  But for all you rebellious kiddies out there, you can Google it.


--Fin--